***************************************
I also promised a picture of Redford, our kitty, or as my son likes to call him, "RED-DY BOY!" said loudly and in a manly fashion! :-) (He was NOT a cooperative poser, and when Kissy Belle saw the camera she decided to help - which really did not HELP at all!! These two were the best of about 30 snaps).
He is a Redpoint Siamese. I have never seen another cat like him, and doubted he was even a true variation of Siamese, but a friend of mine found a Redpoint Siamese in a cat book and it looked just like him. His orange ears and little smudgy nose are so cute. He also has orange tips on all four paws and an orange stripe on the tip of his tail. His back has the a darker orange along his spine in typical Siamese fashion. He also has the VERY characteristic Siamese meow (it sounds like a baby's cry) which is most annoying at 5a.m. !!! But, he is EXTREMELY affectionate, something cats are not always known for, and at 14 years old he still acts like a kitten most days. His full name is "Robert Redford", named for his handsome look-a-like with reddish blonde hair and blue eyes!! He already had his name when we got him, but I thought it was adorable and didn't change it.
Have a great Tuesday! Love, Pam

8 comments:
my you do work hard to fix Dave's breakfast... but I also know that that is his favorite early morning meal...good picture of Red-dy boy even if he isn't smiling!!
Mom
Beautiful cat-I have several very loving cats. I have rescued lots of cats and most of them are/have been loving. Traci
Traci, I guess I spoke from my own past experience, but I realize I shouldn't have made that into a general assumption. We had another kitty for 12 years (she passed away almost five years ago) and she was as hands off as any kitty could be. Her reputation for non-friendliness exceeded her far and wide!! he he She tolerated my son, and she liked workmen that would occasionally come to the house. She pretty much hissed at everyone else! She was a chubby comforting fixture in the front window, however, and she was good lizard catcher! LOL Pam
I must say 2 things about Pam's alleged unability to cook. First of, she has never produce a "4 alarm" poptart as it is my signature forte for dinner parties (you know more power, cook faster!); and secondly, she is quite adventurous in trying new recipes. Just the other day, she fixed me a cherry poptart! She's even promised a blackberry one soon!
Dave (sweet hubby, but don't tell anyone that!)
What a beautiful cat!
Beautiful cat...and a easy man to please for sure with that breakfast....every morning...at 5:15 ish my husband wakes me up to a 2 egg cheese omlelet and coffee...then we watch the news...he gets ready..I fix his lunch..with a note....and his coffee for the ride...WORKS for us..and yes I am spoiled...what can I say.
Deby
Hey - guess what? I saw whole wheat pop-tarts at the store today! No kidding. Healthy and delicious! ;o)
The Fearsome Five actually cheer when I serve cereal for breakfast (because we have it so rarely), and toaster strudel is "to die for!"
Be sure to let Dave cook breakfast for Mom when they're over. You know how she likes things toasted! ;o) Oh yeah, Brian says if you have any milk ready to go bad be sure to save it for her, too. ROFLOL (*really*)
Redford is looking mighty fine! You know how much our family loves Siamese. We sure would like to get another one. Cupcake is just such a touch-me-not.
Hugs to y'all!
YOur cat is so lovely - uh handsome --very manly . really truly striking coloring -- Thanks for the nice comment on my blog -- YOur banner is to die for -- I also collect chintz cups and cups with roses ,uh well all types -- and teapots also -- may be kindred spirits -- also loved that something about your faith was on your blog -- see mine -- You will find that , I think for the most part this art , paper blog world
really have wonderful hearts and many requests for prayers for those ill or hurt etc -- visit Dawn at -- the feathered nest - she is another dear person as are many -- WElcome -glad you found me , will check on you !! I am sort of a newbie myself -only started in Nov. Blessings -Kathy
countrychintz.blogspot.com
Post a Comment